1. Explain how SnapMail works for a complete beginner.
- Download the SnapMail app from the App Store or Google Play. It's Free!
- Complete the short registration form to become a free member
- When you are logged in, you will see whatever image your camera is pointing at and a button to take a SnapMail photo
- A message 'Taking Photos - Please Wait' will appear on your screen. This message will stay there for about 8 seconds and it means that the camera is taking 5 different photos during that 8 second period
- When the camera is finished taking these photos, another message 'SnapMail Photo Taken and Uploaded Successfully' will then appear on your screen. Click OK to close this window.
- The photos will be instantly sent to your e-mail address and also posted to your SnapMail account
- You can decide to upgrade to SnapMail Emergency anytime
2. What is the difference between SnapMail and SnapMail Emergency ?
- SnapMail is free. SnapMail members can upgrade to SnapMail Emergency by paying a small monthly cost. SnapMail Emergency includes all of the features of SnapMail but it also includes an excellent additional security feature which requests the user to respond within 5 minutes to the e-mail of any photo they take confirming that they are ok. If they fail to respond within 5 minutes we automatically send a text message and an e-mail to your designated friends or family members. This acts as a powerful early warning signal if something is wrong with you
3. How many designated friends or family members can I have on SnapMail Emergency ?
- Subscribers to SnapMail Emergency can register the e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers of up to 5 friends or family members. SnapMail Emergency includes all of the features of SnapMail but it also includes an excellent additional security feature which requests the user to respond within 5 minutes to the e-mail of any photo they take confirming that they are ok. If they fail to respond within 5 minutes we automatically send a text message and an e-mail to your designated friends or family members. This acts as a powerful early warning signal if something is wrong with you
4. How do I upgrade from SnapMail to SnapMail Emergency ?
- Just go to the Downloads section on this website and follow the simple instructions
5. How much notice do I need to give if I wish to cancel my monthly subscription to SnapMail Emergency?
- You may cancel your subscription to SnapMail Emergency at any time and return to being a basic SnapMail user
6. Who has access to my photos on the SnapMail website ?
- You are the only person with access to your SnapMail account and hence you are the only person with access to your photos. Unless you share your password with someone else your photos cannot be accessed by anyone else.
7. Who owns the photos that I take and upload to the SnapMail website?
- SnapMail photos are exclusively owned by the users who take the photos. The photos will never be shared by SnapMail unless specifically requested to do so by a law enforcement agency
8. How do I delete photos that I don't want to keep?
- Simply click the red X in the top right of the photo when you are logged in to your account.
9. For how long do photos stay in my SnapMail online account?
- For your protection, SnapMail photos may only be deleted after 30 days. If you do not delete the photos after 30 days they will remain on our site for 1 year, after which they will be deleted. You should ensure you save to your PC any photos you wish to retain for longer than 12 months. In special circumstances we will consider saving photos for longer than 12 months. Please contact us for details.
10. Is there a limit to how many photos I can take every month?
- There is no limit to the number of photos you can take every month, but it is important to remember that SnapMail is not designed to be a Photo Album! Our core objective is crime prevention and while we recognise that the app can be used for other purposes, it is not our intention to become the next Instagram or Facebook. We monitor accounts for excessive or inappropriate usage and reserve the right to limit usage in the event of abuse.
11. Can I share my photos with other members?
- No. SnapMail photos are yours and yours alone. They may not be shared with others on the website. You are welcome, of course, to download them yourself and share them with whomever you wish.
12. Can I view my photos in the SnapMail app or do I have to visit the website?
- SnapMail photos may only be viewed by logging in to the member area of this website. They may not be viewed on the app.
13. How do I delete my account?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com from the e-mail address you used to register your account and we will delete the account for you.
14. On what devices may SnapMail be used?
- The SnapMail app is purely a cell phone app. It may be used on iPhones and Android phones.